It is also a nice reminder to practice self-love and show yourself that you care. Here are 10 ideas of how to show yourself self-love today and any day!
1. Take a bubble bath. Maybe you're like me and have a few Lush bath bombs sitting in a drawer, waiting to be used so break them out and treat yourself to a bath and some quiet time. If you don't like baths, maybe it is as simple as taking a nice, long, and relaxing shower.
2. Have a 30-second (or longer) dance party. Turn up your favorite song or put on a Spotify playlist playlist and sing or dance. Music has been shown to boost your mood and dancing makes me really happy.
3. Unwind with a hot beverage. Seems obvious, but it can do wonders for how I feel if I just spend 20 minutes in quiet room with a hot cup of tea or coffee reading one of my magazines, especially in a world where much of my day is spent with a computer or phone in my face.
5. Unplug for an hour. Particularly at the end of a long day of work or school, turn your phone off (or at least the notifications). Allow yourself to spend an hour tech-free except possibly for playing some music. I like to read magazines, do some adult coloring, or get into some arts and crafts.
6. Move Your Body. If you have been meaning to find time for a solo run, to take a yoga class, or finally try out a new fitness class, schedule it and put it on your planner. Find time to make let yourself workout by doing something you enjoy with all the added benefits of exercise.
7. Buy yourself flowers. I did this just yesterday when I grabbed an inexpensive bouquet at Trader Joe's. Having the smell and view of fresh flowers in my kitchen is a really nice pick-me-up, so I love grabbing some flowers for myself every so often.
|I love getting flowers.|
9. Spend some time outside. It can be going for a hike, afternoon walk, or even eating my lunch outside on a sunny day. Sometimes the simple act of spending some time outside because it makes me happy is all I need to brighten my day.
10. Nourish Your Body. Some days the best thing I can do to show myself self-love is just to make myself go go to bed to ensure I get enough rest. That also may mean treating myself to a big salad out for lunch because I know my body wants a big bowl of vegetables. Maybe it is your morning or evening meditation session. Whatever nourishes your body that you may have been neglecting, spend time doing that today.
What is your favorite way to show yourself self-love? Are you doing anything special for Valentine's Day?