Despite currently not being able to run (#bootlife), I am also so thankful for the sport of running and all that it has given me.
Remember to not only eat lots of delicious food today but also to appreciate what you have and donate to a good cause this holiday. I plan to donate to the LiveUp Programs and Planned Parenthood this holiday season and have already donated some coats, hats, and scarves to a local collection in Baltimore.
On a funny note, here are some things that runners are grateful for:
Things Runners are Thankful for1. BodyGlide because chafing is THE WORST.
2 Cold beers after races because if you drink beer, a cold one after a race tastes amazing.
3. Race volunteers These wonderful people who help out at races, work at water stations, and cheer for runners early in the morning are awesome.
4. Public bathrooms I'm looking at you, Starbucks.
5. Port-a-potties (that actually have toilet paper!)
6. Free race photos because aren't race registrations pricey enough?
7. Water fountains which are amazing during those hot & humid summer long runs.
8. Friends who will meet you for a 5 AM run and give you an extra push to get out of bed to get in some miles before the sun comes up.
9. Carbohydrates -a runner's favorite food group.
10. Foam Rollers because it hurts so good.
11. New running shoes which always make me happy.
12. Race discounts Because things are getting priceyyyy.
13. Washing machines When your hamper is 90% workout gear.
14. Well-marked race courses because no one likes running extra or getting lost during a race.
15. Earth for offering so many beautiful places to see and run!
Oh and pie. Pizza pies and sweet pies.
Happy Thanksgiving! Wishing you a safe and happy holiday.
What are you thankful for? What is your favorite part of Thanksgiving?