Lauren’s Favorite Things
A Gift Guide for Runners & Athletes
I’ve put together some of my favorite items in general that also make great gifts (small and large!) for the athlete in your life this holiday season. I shared part of this list on the Lily Trotters blog, but have a few more items added in here. Lots of these items I am lucky enough to have discount codes for you to use-anytime. I own all of these items (or similar ones) and am happy to always answer any questions you have or further recommendations. Most of these items I have been using and recommending for years. Comment or reach out to me on social media! Also be sure to check out my holiday post last year about small businesses and organizations to support this holiday seasons-it’s still relevant a year later.
ALSO check out my Instagram and keep an eye out for a fun giveaway today and every Monday until Christmas for a chance to win an item from one of the brands mentioned in my gift guide!
1. 1. Koala Clip (from $28.99): Koala Clip is the best way to carry your phone on the run. It can be worn clipped to your sports bra or waistband. It comes in different sizes to accommodate all types of phones. Koala Clips are available in fun colors and patterns along with the option for inspiring mantras on each one.
Any time of year you can save 10% off purchases at Koala Clip with my code LAURENS10
2. 2. Nox Gear Tracer2 Visibility Vest (from $69.95): This waterproof vest is the ultimate in light up products for runners or cyclists to stay safe and visible in the dark. It has 360 degrees of visibility for up to ¼ mile, a rechargeable 20-hour battery and 8 multi-color/single color modes. This was actually one of the big gifts on my wish list last year that I received!
Any time of year you can save 35% off purchases at Nox Gearwith my code BREATHEDEEP
3. 3. Run Fast. Eat Slow. book ($24.99): This first book of recipes, wisdom, and stories from Olympian and marathoner Shalane Flanagan and chef Elyse Kopecky is not only a New York Times bestseller but also a personal favorite. They just released their third book Rise and Run so either the latest or this original would make a great gift. I love that the recipes are flavorful, nourishing, and delicious-perfect for any athlete looking to fuel their training!
4. 4. Motivate Wrap from Momentum Jewelry (from $18.99): Carry some motivation on your sleeve, literally, with a Momentum Motivate Wrap. These wraps are lightweight, come in assortment of colors and include an inspiring, fun phrase on each one. You can even customize a wrap for your recipient with their own personal mantra or a special saying.
5. A pair of Lily Trotters signature compression socks (from $39.99): These cute and comfortable socks provide moderate compression (15-20 mmHg) and are easy to get on and off. I wear them running, post-run, travelling, and when working on my feet all day in the hospital. They never get itchy or uncomfortable plus they’re made in the USA and from a female-founded company!
Any time of year you can save 15% off purchases ($24.99 or greater) at Lily Trotters with my code BREATHEDEEPLY
7. 6. OOahh Slide Sandal from OOFOS (from $59.95): You may be skeptical of these foam sandals, but once your favorite athletes put them on post-workout, their feet will thank you! OOFOS shoes include their patented OOFOam which absorbs impact, are machine washable, and reduce stress on joints. The sandals come in many styles and colors too so you can pick something to match your gift recipient’s personality. (pssst, OOFOS is having a seasonal sale through 11/30 so go get started on your shopping!)
8. 7. The Stick (from $23.95 ): Since 1988, The Stick tool has been used as a handheld massage tool or “ a toothbrush for muscles” as its tagline goes. It is one of the first massage tools and muscle recovery tools I came across as a new runner (back before we had all these fancy massage guns and other recovery contraptions). I have the “Little Stick” for travel and a “Fuchsia Sprinter Stick” that I love to use on my legs, particularly my calves. Basically, the product is a stick with a center rod with little spindle parts that roll over your muscles. It’s really easy to use and travels well. It is a simple looking product, but it’s effective and durable. You can find the Stick products in many local retailers and on Amazon in a pinch.
9.8. Lightning Bead necklace from Erica Sara Designs ($48): I have multiple different pieces of jewelry from Erica Sara, but this specific necklace is actually on my wish list! This simple necklace with a lightning bead is a reminder to your favorite athlete that they are a powerful force. The bead is solid sterling silver and engraved to order personally by Erica herself. Erica Sara Designs makes so many great running and triathlon specific jewelry as well as other beautiful personalized pieces so there are lots of options to find a piece for a special person on your shopping list.
11 9. RUN sweatshirt from Sarah Marie Design Studios ($68): This cozy, soft crew neck sweatshirt with the simple message of RUN on the chest is the perfect addition to your favorite runner’s wardrobe for the winter months. I own a tie dye version of this sweatshirt, and the fleece is so soft and comfortable.
Any time of year you can save 10% off purchases at Sarah Marie Design Studio with my code BREATHEDEEPLY
1210. WhitePaws RunMitts (from $35): WhitePaws RunMitts are the warmest mittens I have found! These thumbless convertible mittens are super warm and allow for easy access to my fingers. I also love scrunching them back up my hand if I start to warm up on a run (which helps avoid losing them!) There is a double velour version as well as a water and wind resistant version, both in various colors.